Thursday, January 28, 2010

Nut Brown Gravity Update

I took a reading off the nut brown today to see where it stands and when I should move it to secondary. I got a reading of 1.025 from a 1.054 it looks to be on track. I really don't need to move it to secondary but I think I will anyway just to clean it up. The smell of this London ale is something I never smelled before, very strong, but with a sweet smell. I definitely could smell the alcohol a brewing.

Always the hardest part for me is coming up with the beer I'm going to make. I have limited it down to 4 recipes I made up this week:  IPA, Hefeweizen Orange, Belgian White Winter Ale, and an Amber Ale. I think I might put all the beer styles in a hat and pick one once every 2-3 weeks to help me choose which kind to brew. Or put a poll on yahoo or somewhere and have people pick for me...?

No comments: