Saturday, January 30, 2010

End of Month Review: Abita Amber

I will have a end of the month and start of the month beer review. This Review is on Abita Amber Lager from Abita Brewing Company out of Convington, Louisiana.
Commercial Description:
Abita Amber is a Munich style lager brewed with crystal malt and Perle hops. It has a smooth, malty, slightly caramel flavor and a rich amber color.

My Thoughts:
Pour was amber in color (lighter side of amber), a very small white colored head, decent lacing. The aroma was strong caramel, some light grass. Flavor was strong sweet caramel (too sweet), some bread, some grass, some off un-clean notes. Lacking the nutty and nicely toasted elements I tend to dig in this style. Mouthfeel was light with a bit of maltiness. Middle of the road to just below average amber lager.

Aroma: 6/10
Appearance: 3/5
Flavor: 5/10
Palate: 3/5
Overall: 12/20 

Unless I lived around they area where they distribute this I doubt I would buy again.


No comments: