Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Bottled & Kegged Nut Brown

Well, yesterday I bottled 17 bottles and kegged the rest. I decided to force carb the keg. Not knowing the true ends and out of it since this was my first kegging. I cranked it up 30 psi and shook it around for a few mins and drew the pressure off to get the oxygen out, then cranked it back up until I didn't hear any more bubbling. I then placed it in the fridge and let it sit over night. I drew some off this morning and it was very smooth with good  carbonation. I set the co2 on 10 psi and have it setting right now. The taste is very smooth, maybe if the carbonation adds up it will give more character to the brew. If not I will still be pleased with the result and will gladly drink this beer.

Notes- If the beer stays the same I think I would like to add little more chocolate and next time and order the Special Roast to add in the recipe since it was left out this time due to the homebrew shop not carrying it.

No comments: